My A35 crank arm is always in motion *HELP PLEASE*

Hey my crank arms on my A35 are always in motion and when i try to stop them it make a grinding noise. They only spin when the tire moves. And when i try to pedal forward it does not catch just makes grinding noises. I did just replace the claw collar spring I think i left out some washers that go on the outside of the gear (rest up against the bearing. Could the washer be doing this or what do you think it is. I really need help.

Re: My A35 crank arm is always in motion *HELP PLE

any spacers (not technically washers even though they look like washers) missing from the gearbox will create tremendous problems. Im suprised the case even closed shut without the correct spacers. They are a very precise size (thus cannot be bought at a hardware stoer) and must be in the right location.

Other than that, please use terminology that makes sense so i know what your talking about...Maybe i am just stupid, but as far as I know there is only one crank arm (not arms) and i don't understand "always in motion" unless you finally figured out how to make a perpetual motion device. Also, what is a claw collar spring?

Yea a A35 has two crank arm (the pedal attach)

and and what i mean by always in motion is the when you give it gas the and the tire moves the crank arm does too. A claw collar pring is a piece inside the trans that allows the cam chai gear to catch.

See Ya Moped Army /

Those washers are shims and must be replaced. Always put a motor back together the exact same way you took it apart. Take digital pics of the disassembly process in case you have a bad memory as I do.

does anybody have all washer that could have fallen out when replacing a claw collar spring.?

Dillon, please get your terminology right. Crank arms are attached to your CRANKSHAFT and also the piston. I could be wrong but last time i checked there is only one piston in the a35, one crank arm and one crankshaft. There are plenty of pictures and diagrams on themopedjunkyard.com if you are unsure.

http://www.themopedjunkyard.com/A35tomostransmission.html

Here are the parts you need. Buy them once, get the correct size. Instead of waiting for someone from NJ to take 2 months to send you some regular washers.

No Marc, Crank Arms connect the pedals to the transmission. Connecting Rod(s) connect the piston to the crankshaft.

yea there are two crankarms man. I'm not taking advise from you if you didn't even no there were 2 vramk arms.

lol man get your shit stright

wow, this thread is rough, ha ha

I found out that the crank arms only spin when the engine is on and the tire is moving. could there be something to do with my clutch or should i try spacer first.

I will make it look like you peddle super fast. Just duct tape your shoe to the peddle.

Put it back together correctly. Chances are EXTREMELY good that when you put something back together missing pieces and it fucks up that your problem is your missing pieces.

Marc, don't be an ass, noone here knows everything, so don't come into every thread like the word of god. Chill.

I hope he is in shape!

well when you stop the pedal with little fource aplied it makes a grinding noise. like the claw coller gear is grinding.

Put the spacers back in.

SORRY EVERYONE!!!

i was wrong haha, never really called pedals "crank arms" but then again ive never been a big biking guy either. First thing that came to mind with crankarm was crankshaft!

yeah, don't take advice from me...Grats on figuring out a way to motor assist the pedals instead of motor assist the WHEELS!!!

and while you are messing with your transmission....don't take my advice on how to modify clutch springs or reshoe them for $2 etc etc.

so go ahead and let me have it because yall not gettin another chance anytime soon. :P

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account