I cant get it started bach up

I have a 1978 scorpion probable no body has heard of it because there very scarce but after riding it for a good mile or so it will run great the hole time no stalling anything goes about 45 If i cut the engine and then try and kick it back over it wont start.... i have to wait about 15 min to start it back up i dont know why do you?

thanks nick

Re: I cant get it started bach up

Walter Kravitz /

Conjunction junction, what's your function?

Wow way to be a jerk lol i am 14 i have speeling and writing issues do u have any positive imput for my question

See Ya Moped Army /

According to your profile you are 17, not 14.

Add counting to that list, Ha we're just messing with ya. Check your gas cap vent.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

i put 17 because i cant legaly ride and i didnt whant to get in touble... but my vent is fine it does it with the cap off comletely gas gets in there is spark but is it like too hot is that it?? cause i geuss the engine does get cool after 15 and that letts it start agen maby..?

Spelling and writing issues can easily be resolved with the use of the SpellCheck before you post. (Now grammar, that's another issue...)

Can any one not criticite my spelling andanswer myquestionthatwas porly spelled

can you stop spelling shit wrong

it could be your condensor, it could be your carb, might be the spark plug or wire, two smokes have a bad tendency to do that business of not starting back up again

_moped_ _bandit_ /

And i do quote "can you stop spelling shit wrong"

"two smokes"

You spell stuff rong too can you narow it down for me tho my spark is brand new so is my wire my carb is spotless and what exactly is a condenser and what does it do

ya _moped bandit is me lol sorry

Next to the "post" button, about half an inch over. There is another button there, one that reads "SpellCheck". Try it out.

speel chek my goddam posr

speel check my goddamn post

i guess spell check kinda works

Well, it doesn't work on words that are already other words, or on words that can't be recognized.

spelling errors aren't hard to figure out. run-on sentences are more difficult to de-code though. i had to read this part about five times before i could figure out what was being said:

"...it will run great the hole time no stalling anything goes about 45 If i cut the... "

it isn't that people want to give you shit for minor errors, (well most people anyways,) it is just rough when we can't figure out what the problem is because of miscommunication, and most people won't bother trying to re-read it.

as far as your mechanical problem goes, could be a million things... could be electrical, maybe the coil or condensor. could be getting too much fuel, not enough, too much air, not enough. check the plug, is it chocolatey, is it dry and grey? could be your carb float sticking. could be the timing. could be fuel delivery, maybe your tank has some shit in it, or the filter may be clogged.

for good measure, it's always safe to clean your carb again. it never hurts anything, and so often that is the culprit. after that, i'd check out the airbox. do you have an air filter in it? if so, is the element a hundred years old and all tarred up? check the plug to make sure it's not fouled. check the gap to make sure that it's firing properly. then you may want to clean your points, use some fine grit sandpaper and a feeler guage and gap the points correctly. basically, if you have air, fuel, and a spark, then you should be in business... if not, then it's probably your condensor, or maybe the coil.

good luck man. and for future reference, try and use some punctuation... read your stuff out loud and when it seems like you should be pausing to take a breath, throw a comma or period in there. spelling is not terribly crucial, becus wen u spel lik ths peple can stil figgur it out.

-dustin

.ped 'til i'm dead.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account