Loud Peugeot ??

My peogeot 103 sp has a variable clutch belt driven and its all stock asside from being in the basment of a bar for 13 years it is in pritty good condition my father and i put a new piston and rings in it becuase the origanal ones were cracked

we allso had to hone out the engine because it was slightly warped but after using a brake cylander hone we reterned it to a perfect circle.... this summer it started up! It to this day runs great except for the ingine doesnt idle right because the carb is not fine tuned but IT is REALY loud !

The sound is not of the engine but it seams to be comeing from the variable clutch or somthing elts in that area

If you have a 103 or any other peugeot is yours loud like metal grinding or sliding past eachouther loud ....Any thoughts thanks

Re: Loud Peugeot ??

moped bandit /

hello?

moped bandit /

can any body help me?

Hmm metal grinding is not good. Try taking apart your clutch and making sure everything is set up right. If not it might possibly something in your crankcase, which is really bad.

does my crank case or clutch take any oil i read both online mauals and it didnt say ne thing about it.... i will try and take it apart i know there is nothing in the crank case cause i looked at is befor i put the engina all back together the clutch and such looks REALY dificult to take apart is it easyer than it looks or should i leave it alone i am just worried about puting it back together right and not braking ne thing thanks

No, neither take any special oil. The 6 steel balls in the clutch however should be very lightly coated by peugeots "special grease", but since this isnt available, I used a little bit of high temp wheel bearing grease. So far no problems. Dont glob it on, it will just gunk everything up.

Before ripping the motor apart, take the clutch assembly off and the cylinder head and cylinder and rotate the engine through many cycles to see if the crankshaft moves smoothly without any grinding. If it is not smooth, then you will most likely have to inspect to see what is grinding. I guess it could quite possibly be the crank bearings????

As far as putting the clutch together, it is a bitch, but I find it helps to keep the bike on its side while doing it. Look up the repair manuals on mopedriders.org to help you put it back together.

how small are the balls and someone said that if i take 3 out i will get a little better accel is that true? and the crankshaft bearings there way in there hu? do they still sell them if there shit also do i need any special tools ?

P.s. i already have the mauals but thanks

Yes taking out 3 balls will make you go faster, they are about a centimeter and a half. You can order crankshaft bearings from stevesmoped.com. You shouldnt need any special tools other than a flywheel puller and a timing tool.

where would i get those tools cheep because i do not own either of them i have herd a couple of storys about it being extremly difficlt to get a flyweel off is that true and takeing 3 balls out wont hert it right just faster accel thats it wont ruin the clutch?

Ne thing ets that could e causeing it?

Brentus Sioux y Cycle /

might just have to go in and clean every part up til you find it. i have the same problem on my 102 but i can't find where the sound is.

ya thanks man that is going to have to be what i need to do cause nobody can tell me what it is.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account