puch horn disease

Patrick Stover /

hello,

i just got the carb cleaned on my jc penny puch moped. ped started right up but it has that thing where the horn is always on a little bit. is it the horn? wirirng? horn/lights switch?

i have seen this on a few other maxis but i couldent remember how it was fixed.

anyone that knows how to fix this, feel free to post.

thanks, pat

Re: puch horn disease

Patrick Mattison /

tap it a couple times?

Patrick Stover /
pat OP

no, the horn shouldent be getting power at all. could this possbly have something to do with my running light/headlight being burnt out?

Easy way to fix the annoying horn problem is just to take the damn horn out. At the terminal block, find the blue/black wire and either put it in the same hole as the green/black wire of ground it.

No more horn, no more problem

horns are for pussies.

See Ya Moped Army /

The problem is most likely in the switch.

It'ts the switch... they get sticky when they get old... sparay some cleaner in it and work it a bit and it should free up :P

Patrick Stover /
pat OP

yeah, i think i will just do a horn removal. i honestly cant remeber a time when mopeding that i needed to give a slight buzz to someone.

It's illegal to run without one, not that I care, mine works about half the time. I also ride high every time. Nope, still haven't had any close calls with any drive-thrus and children in the way.

I like a horn when riding with someone else, so I can honk if I pull over, or have to get one's attention for some reason. When I come up on a car-load of females and they have a bumper sticker that says, "Honk if you're Horny" I'd be sad if my horn was sitting in some parts bin.

_DeeZy_

John Joedicke /

Switch is the problem, but if you are removing it put an old school bulb horn on to be legal.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account