Re: Carb Medic (by GUNK) does/should it work?

Nick /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

My tank is plastic so it doesn't rust, so luckily I don't have that to think about.

I would like to remove my carb and clean it though, how complicated is it to remove the carb of an FA50? I'm just afraid of the unknown I guess... I'm afraid I unscrew something that is spring loaded and it flies all over the place and I won't be able to put everything back in it's place.

I'd appreciate it if you could give me instructions that apply specifically to my "moped" (I know, no pedals... noped if you want) :).

Is it worth cleaning manually if I don't have those air pressure hoses? I heard I could do it with one steel mesh from the metal brushes... ?! Is the something I have to be careful with?

Please fill me in so I can stop using these half ass products...

I most likely have to set the idle screw over again after a full clean-up of the carb right?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account