Carb Medic (by GUNK) does/should it work?

Nick /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi,

I was browsing around the automotive department at Walmart and I noticed a product they had not carried previously: Carb Medic, by GUNK.

GUNK products have a great reputation so I decided to read the spray bottle.

Here's a picture of the bottle: http://www.gunk.ca/Products/automotive/images/M4814C.jpg

Turns out it cleans the carb without removing it from the motor. Here is an outline of the directions:

1) Warm up the motor

2) Turn off the motor

3) Remove the air filter

4) Start the moped

5) Spray the product in the intake (where the air filter usually attaches... if I understand correctly) for 30 to 60 seconds. I would also spray it all around the carb, because it probably can't hurt it.

6) Stop the motor and wipe off excess

7) Install air filtration system and you are good to go.

The company offers this description:

"Cleans carburetor, choke linkage and manifold heat controls. Applied by spray to areas to be cleaned. Will not harm catalytic converters or oxygen sensors. Cleans carburetors without removal from engine. Economical. Permits repeated applications from one can. No additional tools or equipment required."

My question to you is: If you tried it, did it work? Should it work, in theory?

P.S. I know I could just remove the carb and "do it myself", but I am in-experienced and would rather not risk screwing anything up.

Thanks for considering my questions and for your help.

Have a happy new year.

Nick

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account