Need advise fast, how to remove speedo cable

Hi, I have a 1995 TTLX I need to take the speedo off of. The hole on the triple trees will not let the one end fit through (the end that connects to the speedo). I took the rubber gromet out, but it looks like the plate that the shocks are connected too has just a slightly smaller hole then that of the triple trees (or the plate hole is offset to the triple trees hole).

Is there anyway to remove the cable from the speedometer register thing (the part that hooks right to the hub of the wheel)?

I need some help fast because this thing has to go out for shipping soon.

Thanks, Andrew

Re: Need advise fast, how to remove speedo cable

The cable end on the speedo drive is (usually) retained one of three ways:

- Knurled collar nut

- Transverse lock screw

- Spring clip

Figure out which type yours is, release it, and withdraw the cable.

It is number 28, bottom left if that can help you determine anything. I looked and didnt really see any nuts or screws on the thing.

Since it's shown as an individual assembly, the cable must detach from it somehow.

Otherwise, the pic gives no other information. Maybe you can post a close-up photo of your bike?

I think I just pulled it through, hard.

I tried to bore out the hole a little more so I could fit the other end through the trees, but with the cable getting in the way it didnt really make any progress though..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account