this is geting anoying

ok i have a tlx i have droped the engine 2 times to clean the carb has helped a little bit but it wont stop back fireing and i know this ant good. the plug is a light brown i have a 58 jet in the carb and im fed up with this. and im running 40:1 in it anyone who can offer help please do.

Re: this is geting anoying

Does it have a stock exhaust and airbox?

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

backfiring is cause by a clogged exhaust or bad timing 90% of the time. have you checked those 2 things?

neather i just got home and was to pissed to go work on it i have a lil gas leaking out om my exaust so i will try that and i dont know how to check timing

i have a tecno gp race pipe

and i have a screen filter witht the boot

Have you cleaned your points recently? Do you know where they are? Do you know you don't have to drop the A3 engine to remove the carb? Or remove the cylinder either? I learned this recently, and it was as if the sky opened up and fortune had smiled upon me. (Thanks Lee!)

'Backfire' is fairly ambiguous. What exactly is happening? Popping out of the carb, the pipe, someplace else?

Did it always backfire like this, or did the problem show up after you intalled the pipe?

buddie first off its an a35 and yes i know how to drop it and no it has no points it 12v CDI ye si removed the carb today and cleaned it out and yes i know how to take the head off.

umm after pipe and and its back firering out the pipe there is some gas in the pipe cuz it is leaking out

and if i dont drop my engine a lil bit my carb wont come out its a tight fir uder there

Jonathan(GPer526) /

I think what Legendre is poking at a question of jetting. Did you rejett after installing the pipe? Could be a lean pop, but without hearing it or seeing it I can't be sure.

Jonathan

ok well 2 marrow befour i ship my carb out i will get a vedio of i with sound

The biggest cause of "backfiring from the tailpipe" is quite simple to understand- unburnt gas/fuel mixture gets into the tailpipe, condenses, it can either ignite, boil off, or if enough has boiled off to cool the pipe, it will pool and when the exhaust gets warmer will suddenly explode.

If its happening on deceleration then whats possibly happening is a misfire as the RPMS decrease, letting one or more unburnt combustion cycles into the pipe. When it fires again it blows the pipe. Quick fix for this is to increase your idle a tad. That should keep the carb from closing completely.

If its all the time your probably just running rich and misfiring that way. Downjet.

Another culprit could be an old sparkplug.

ok well when i give it gas from idle it will bog out then give it less thenm more then it will rev then backfire once or twice

Your definitely misfiring. The bog is the culprit. When it bogs, gas doesn't burn, but it gets out into the pipe, then on the next revolution it fires and ignites the gas in the pipe.

Did the bike always do this? If not I wonder whats changed.

A new sparkplug won't hurt. Thats the first thing I always check no matter the problem. Its only a dollar and its the heart of your moped.

You might possibly think of going one jet size down, but always do your plug chops.

and i dont know how to check timing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe this would be a good time to find out?

and i dont know how to check timing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Think this may be a good time to find out?

umm ya someone tell me how and i will

Woah, I just felt like my dad. I said "kids these days" in my head LOL.

If I'm not mistaken, the A35 uses CDI with points. Your timing is 1.5MM before TDC. You'll need a flywheel puller, a test light and a depth gauge, as well as a lot of patience.

http://www.mopedriders.com

That will get you to the MRA website, click "Moped Repair" at the top and find your A35 Service Manual. "Magneto repairs" is the section your looking for.

mine does not have points.

ok here is the vedio with sound of it run on the kick stand you can hear is bogging out i think im going to try a #56 jet

didnt go though

damnit i cant get the vedio to work who knows how to post a vedio?

You'll need to host it on an internet accessible web server or FTP site. Since you don't seem to have that (or else you would already know), your next best bet is putfile.com. For your next question. I don't know anything about the site, so don't ask me.

As far as timing goes, you have a stator plate with a charging coil, and you time your CDI bike by moving the stator plate forwards or backwards. The search feature is immeasurably useful in this regard.

You'll still need a flywheel puller and a depth gauge, but the timing light may be optional.

Look on the right or left side of the crankcase to find the flywheel. The stator plate is behind that.

56 jet will probably help, but again make sure to do a WOT chop as well as a low speed chop.

w wot chop and a low speedp chop wtf is that the moped is fien it couldent be back the timeing cuz it dont back fire all the time just when it boggs and u give it more gas and why would a 56 jet help when thy say when u get a pipe you UP jet??

Also,be aware that changing the timing just a little,especially on a two stroke,and especially if it was set right in the first place,can destroy your engine real quick due to overheating.Peace.Jerry.

mube u shud git a manuel fer yor mooped.

randy

_w wot chop and a low speedp chop wtf is that the moped is fien it couldent be back the timeing cuz it dont back fire all the time just when it boggs and u give it more gas and why would a 56 jet help when thy say when u get a pipe you UP jet??_

I'm not even going to justify that with a response. Learn to type, then learn how a 2 cycle engine works.

Listen to Jerry - timing is critical.

up-jet Ryan, up-jet. Told you this before. The backfire if proably from the plug...might be going bad.

Research man,research.Peace.Jerry.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account