Re: puch brakes, wrong ones

Webster /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I am doing a frame up resto on a junked Puch Magnum II. It has the snowflake style wheels and I am having trouble getting working brakes. My first ever venture into moped work...

The rear brake shoes are pretty badly worn but will slow down a rider-ladden bike from about 5 mph to a stop in about half of a city block. The front wheel has no shoes at all, just an empty hub. I guess its a good thing I dont have the engine working yet.

I understand that the spoke and mag style wheels use an 80mm brake shoe set, but this does not seem to be the case for the hubs with the snowflake wheels.

I ordered a "Puch 90mm brakeshoes" from 1997mopeds, but when they arrived they were in fact 80 mm, which I take it would work for the other, more common wheel types, but not for me.

Does any one know if there are some other brakeshoes that I could use on my snowflake style wheels/hubs? And where I might find them?

The picture is the hub and brake assembly

Cheers.

1163202770_img_3203.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account