TOMOS A3 WILL NOT CARRY LOAD

greg /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

A little background, I have 1980 a3 tomos bullett given to me by family. it hadnt been run for years but with very little effort I got it running great. after about 1 week it was laid down (wrecked) in a backyard party by a drunken freind. There was non physical damage as it was at low speeds and on grass, but ever since that incident it was knocking badly and will not move me around. It would start and the tire will move quickly when it was on the stand but once you get on and try to ride it was a dog. I took the motor apart and noticed the pistin was cracked and the rings were shattered, so I repalced theses parts thinking this was the obvious problem. NOT THE CASE! When I got it back together, SAME PROBLEM only this time it did indeed sound better but still wont move my 230 pound ass. I have gone through the obvious but to no avail, everything seems and looks fine but it just has no balls. Can anyone offer any advice on the possible problem? I know very little abou this motor but I am mechanical and am surprised to be so stumped by such a simple engine. HOWEVER, I know nothing about Clutches and Transmissions therefore besides a visual examination of this area I do not know how to tell weather or not my problem lies in the crank case. Could it be the clutch or Tranny? Is there a simple way of figuring this out ? Forgive me for being such a DUMBASS but I need help? FYI I have ordered the servce manual but have not yet looked at one.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account