Re: headlight tries to kill engine

steve matichuk /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

the original PC50 was only built in 1968-69. in 1970 they continued production of the same PC50 model with a few "upgrades" such as switching the motor from an OHC to an OHV setup. all of these subsequent production years of this model are referred to as K1s up until honda started producing the much uglier (in my opinion) PF50 in 1977-78.

i've been burned in the past buying parts and following manuals for the PC50, so this time i decided to be more specific and include the 'K1' suffix when i asked for some help to avoid confusion. apparently this only caused more.

thanks for the advice. i was hoping it'd be easier than all that though. servicing the electrical system o any PC50 is a bitch as all of the electronics (condensor, harness etc.) are INconveniently sealed inside the frame! getting at them requires dismantling about 5 other major parts.

way to go honda!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account