Urban Express wont turn over

My honda urban express gets good compression from the kick start but wont turn over. What could this be, sounds electrical. what do you guys think?

Re: Urban Express wont turn over

I'd like to meet the knuclehead who came up with the term "turn over".. it's pretty meaningless.

So exactly what does the engine not do? I'm guessing it doesn't run, right?

Ok here is the deal Turning over is what your engine does. it is when it completes a rotation so it actually is a good term. If it wasn't turning over it would be seized. You mean it is not firing. First clean you hole fuel system top to bottom from tank to intake. Then adjust you points in the Fred's guide will tell you how. Clean the points. You say it already has good compression so thats not the prob. Ya Check Fred's guide, do what it says then it will run.

Leon Swarmer /

are you saying the elctric starter won't spin the engine?

Gotta disagree with Willy here. If you think you have an electrical problem I woudl not recommend chasing gas issues first.

He hasn't checked the electrical yet. If it is firing and its not getting fuel it would be doing the same thing. That is why I also told him to go to fred's guide.

ok, heres what it does. It gets a spark by the way, i checked that so it cannot be the plug. I can kick it all day long and it will not start but it gets good compression. gas is getting to the plug also.

what is freds guide?

on this site go to resorces link on the top of the page and click on articals then go down to freds guide.

its a whole walk through to get your moped up and runing.

Leon Swarmer /

Even a spark plug that fires outside the cylinder, may not necessarily fire when it has compression and fuel around it.

A new gapped spark plug is a quick cheap test. Besides, it's not a bad thing to carry either.

and a little ether can be fun too :P

let me ask you guys this, how much compression must there be, ive been trying putting my finger over the sparkplug hole to see if it gets pushed off when i kick it and it does but its not very powerful, should it like blow my finger off or just nudge it out of the way?

It should if you turn it over fast enough pop your finger off pretty good. And OHHH HE HAS A SPARK SO MY IDEA WASN"T A BAD ONE IN YOUR FACE. BIOOTCH

why is there the gas/oil mixture under the ignition cap? I tried removing that to get to the points but that shit leaked out. doesnt that mean the points are already working good?

Leon Swarmer /

Terz,

We need more info. What year is your urban? It may not even have points. There should not be gas/oil near the electrical system. What are you calling the ignitiion cap? Where is it?

Leon

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account