Hello All! ... I need help with tomos

Hello everyone here, I just got a moped and I would like to fix it up, but I cant do that if i dont even know what kind it is, I know its a Tomos, you can not see it in the picture, but it says TOMOS on the rear of the seat. It was found out in the woods. The enjine turns over freely, and it feel like it has compression. but my father and I cant get it to spark. the gas tank is missing also. So could anyone here please identify that the model is on this moped. It has no identifacation anywere on it besides the enjine it also says Tomos. and does anyone here know what year it is?

Thanks everyone

1131718551_moped_1.jpg

Re: Hello All! ... I need help with tomos

If you found it out in the woods maybe you should check with the local Police department...

It sounds like someone stole it and either stashed it in the woods till they could come back and retrieve it or just stole it and dumped it there!

its been there a LONG time, you see my friend found it, a long time ago, then, someone else had it for long time, then i got it, do you know what year or model it is?

Looks like an older Targa LX. Early 90s maybe? Hard to tell. Doesn't really matter though, they haven't changed much since then.

thank you, do you know what kind of gas tank? thanks, also it has a round headlight.

John Joedicke /

Probably a Golden bullet from about 89-90. Any LX tank will fit on it and the engine should be a A3. My guess.

Look at the pic, its an a35.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

I am really new to mopeds,

Early 90s Tomos Targa Lx, nees gas tank, a35 engine, missing plastics, mostlikely aftermarket headlight. Mostly complete.

John Joedicke /

Early 90's had round headlights.

oh. Thanks!

If I had to guess i'd say its a 92' or 93', its written on the tag on the head tube or on the right side of the frame below the seat. Grab the manual at http://www.mopedriders.com/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=21 and with a bit of work it should be running in no time. Make sure to replace that chain :)

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

thanks, alot guys, yes, we are going to go to our local shop tomorow and replace that chain, and some other things,

thanks again everyone

are you sure its an A35 engine? this engine has points, not CDI, correct me if I am wrong

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account