air filter help

how do i get it to fit?

1131658100_000_0029.jpg

Re: air filter help

steve matichuk /

looks like there's something missing between the filter/cleaner and the carb intake. my honda has a rubber, elbow piece that goe's around the intake. what size carb is that? it looks massive!!

its stock for the 2005 ttlx limited edition

could i just cut all that rubber off so it would have a hole big enough to stretch around the airfilter hole? and then put the bracket around that indented ring on the rubber?

if not what could i do?

i have a 96 tomos. i just bought it and i have a silencer intake, which takes the air from inside the frame, and it fits that fine. mine isnt like yours is, so i dont know how you would get that to connect.

did you buy it brand new? or did you buy it used? if you bought it used, what came on it?

and if its new how was it before you took off the previous air filter?

new. i had a filter i made out of foam and a rubber ring, bare minimum. check my post before yours, would that work you think?

steve matichuk /

you shouldn't have to modify it at all if it's a stock part for your unmodified tomos. are you sure that's the stock carb? like i said, the intake looks huge for a factory ped engine. if it's an aftermarket carb, you may have to look for another air filter. do yopu have a tomos dealer where you live? they'd sort it out in a flash.

sorry i only have questions instead of answers.....

You need the rubber boot from the stock air filter.

steve matichuk /

that's what i think too. doesn't that look like a big intake though? big-bore or something....

ive got that kind of carb on my 96. the actual hold for the air to go thru is far from that size. but like the other guy said, you probably needthe rubber boot that it had on there.

I would get an air filter that fits on the carb, take advantage of the lower restriction, for that I would go to a motorcycle dealer and tell them that you want a foam pod filter with a rubber boot the size of that outer flange on the carb, get as long and large around of a pod filter as you can get, foam filters are great for traping that harmful dirt while alowing air to flow.

that thing is a push-in breather for a chevy valve cover,you got took!!!take it back,that is a CAR part!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account