Re: What kind of grease?

Bort Hoff /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Alright, i've used lots of grease in my day. I've worked in a bicycle shop and a moped shop, and i've repacked dozens of wheels bearings. On a lot of levels, grease is grease. But when we're talking about wheels and having the least amount of friction, there are different grades. there are grease for high heat, for high speed, for cold, natural and synthetic greases, lithium, graphite, god knows what else different kinds of grease. I first bough Phil grease because I worked at the place and got a discount. It was the first stuff i used to repack a moped wheel. Later, i used whatever the moped shop owner bought for us to use. When i took that wheel apart over a year later, i was surprised at how well t had held up. So now i recommend the stuff.

But it is expensive. So when it comes to simple grease applications, like your suspension, where quantity is required, not quality, i say use the grease from jar o' grease available at Kragen's.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account