Re: What kind of grease?

randy /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

btw. just to show you my heart is in the right place, ill even help poor harold.

phils is good stuff. about as good as the cheap wheel bearing grease you can buy at the auto parts store. its all good. i know people like the green containers and feel better since it cost more. ive bought some myself in the past. but there is no magic formula that makes phills the ultimate lube/grease. just one that makes phil rich.

white lithium grease has one characteristic that makes it better than cheap bearing grease. it dissapates heat better. they sometimes use the same stuff to transfer heat from silicon chips to heatsinks (heatsink grease, thermal compound, it has several names). if you get a bad sunburn it will help too!

its probably overkill for a moped, but its not that expensive. just dont be fooled by name brands. generic stuff will work just fine.

and any grease good enough for the wheels will work fine in the headset and shocks. dont go buying 10 kinds of grease.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account