Trac Eagle belt and clutch

I have a Trac Eagle and the drive belt just got ruined. I was riding then my bike stopped, the belt was all tore up. I am pretty sure it is the original belt, and its a '84 so would the age have something to do with it. Also, my clutch is having problems disengaging when i slow down or stop. When it starts it works fine and the bike idles fine but after i ride it then stop, the clutch is still fully engaged so the engine cant idle. Does it just need cleaning or should i inspect the springs or what. I am not sure what to do. I hope some one can help. Thanks

Re: Trac Eagle belt and clutch

I don't know the trac clutch too terribly well, but i think it uses the same clutch pads as the laura m48 engine, which cam eon Batavus moepds. You can get a replacement belt from 1977 Mopeds. Their number is 1 800 965 1977. They are closed on mondays, but (unless they've gone to winter hours) they will be open on tuesday.

The Trac has the Laura M56 engine.

Maybe your idle is set too high and the clutch wants to engage when you want to stop because the engine is spinning too fast. This can be adjusted with the sprung screw on the carburetor. I have seen the inside of one of those clutches, but I am no expert. It may have old springs in it that are too stretched out. Good luck. Was that the bike that was on eBay?

I will try the idle screw when i get the new belt thanks, and yes it was on ebay, the one in plymouth michigan? Know anyway to make my bike faster, exhaust, carb? Thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account