GARELLI EXHAUST

The muffler on my 1985 Garelli VIP-N is clogged and has a broken piece that rattles inside of it. I think the rattling piece is part of a baffle and it is clogging the airflow, because the moped can't run with the muffler on, but runs excellent with it off. What can I do about this?

Re: GARELLI EXHAUST

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Get a new exhaust pipe. ;) If thats not possible, try disassembling the pipe somehow and see if something is indeed loose or something.

Has anyone with a Garelli replaced their muffler? I've noticed that nearly all Garellis have the same muffler, so surely someone has. If so, did you find a direct replacement (where) or did you substitute a muffler from another brand of bike (which brand)? P.S. I don't want a bi-turbo exhaust.

PS a biturbo wont work on a garelli. I have tried to figure out how to get into the baffle and i cant. I am afraid i am gonna brake it by taking it off. call handybikes and talk to BJ. he has a hook up for garelli parts. a friend of his bought out a closed factory lol.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account