Bi-Turbo question

If I install a biturbo on my tomos lx, will it run faster?? or is it just better for the engine?

Re: Bi-Turbo question

It should increase you top speed by about 5 mph or so, you will also be required to install a larger main jet. It will also increase the noise level.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

don't spend over 70$ for a bi-turbo. if you pay more than that i hate to say it but its not worth it. Many don't like the bi-turbo at all, i have a bi-turbo and a kit and it so far is running awesome.

Mine make my speed go up about 5-6 mph and it sounds cool to.

How much did you pay? And what is a "kit"?

i paid $70 us. i think a kit is a bigger carb, like a 65cc as opposed to a stock 49cc engine.

It is a more efficient exhaust,and when combined with a larger jet,will make your moped go faster,and make more noise.The catch is,when it comes to engine modifications,nothing is free.Besides the cost of the exhaust,and the jets(I'd get at least 3,so you can dial it in right)your engines bottom end(crankshaft and rod bearings),clutches,and transmission will not last as long,because they were designed for stock power output.What puzzles me,is why you can't buy better parts.I'm a drag racer,and every single part of the engine,clutch,transmission,driveshaft,rear end,axles,etc.,on a car can be upgraded with higher quality aftermarket parts.Why is this not true for mopeds as well?

Well jerry for a couple of reasons, there wouldn't be that much money in it (not a huge demand for high performance moped parts), Not really practical ( Alot of people don't have high performance mopeds), and people make more money supplying people like you with the same stock parts over and over again.

made my speed go up about 4 mph and instaled #56jet

Not me.All my mopeds are stock.A lot of my racing parts are stock too.Part of the secret to winning on a budget is knowing which stock parts will hold up to the stresses of racing,and which won't.I have beaten a lot of rich guys that have the best of everything,and usually had someone else build most of their car for them.Jerry.

Leon Swarmer /

Ellie you got part of it right.. it is an increase from 49cc to 60, or 70 or whatever, but it is done by replacing the cylinder, the pison and ring (s) maybe the head .too.

Leon

it replaces the heado n some cylender kits. i have a 70cc airsal kit (actually around 65cc but close enough), and i got 8 mph off of my pipe (40/41mph)

it will run faster

Yea, it will run faster, but it is not better for the engine, it just allows more air to be compressed.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account