brake cables sticking

how do i stop my brake cables from sticking?

Re: brake cables sticking

Either oil them or replace them, if they still stick check the drums.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

how do i oil them

along the brake line there should be a little bubble with a pop off cap. thats where you insert lube

follow the cable all the way from the handle bars to the brake and check and see if the wire is getting pinched by something. The brakes on my sprint stick all the time and it gets pinched under the carb so i just start from the top and work to the bottom.

get a hydrolic oiler... or make a funnel out of plastasine and put it round the top of the cable then fill it with oil and leave it upright overnight or until the oil drips through.......

shane

Jack, when I thought my throttle cable was sticking, it turned out to be the throttle grip itself... it seems like the rubber grip had begun to break down (maybe in reaction to WD-40 or something?) and had started turning into a gum inside.

Anyway, I know it's not the same thing, but I guess there's a chance your brake lever is at fault... maybe the pivot is over-tightened, or is getting rusty.

Lube the pivot arm in the brake drum.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account