Fly wheel Puller

Where can i get a flywheel puller for a 1978 puch maxi. Or is there a way to get it off without one. Any ideas. I need to change my points and can't get to them well enough. Thanks.

Re: Fly wheel Puller

Bosch magneto puller from mopedwareshouse, works very well.

Yeah, I need the same thing to pull the flywheel to change the points on my 1977 Puch maxi

What size does it need to be?

I just got a Bosch from Chris at MWH last week for $20.00... it's totally sweet!

if anyone is interested in the tomos ones...i actually used whats called a "seal puller", but actually the right size pipethread pipe can simply be welded to a nut, and have a bolt go through it in order to make a cheap and easy flywheel puller. I might consider making these if anyone actually wanted one. prolly be like $10

Where do you find pipe threaded with odd metric sizes?

Ya I can't say that i have ever seen one like that. Plus i will be more expensive for you unless you have a large demand for them. Have you priced steel pipe these days. Copper just isn't strong enough.

hmm...i _do_ work at a hardware store, and i believe pipes this small are under $5...this wouldn't really be a big profit thing, just sorta helping out the moped community.

copper pipes are more expensive then steel....right?

actually maybe i was looking at iron pipes...just as good

anyhow, picture included..enjoy..

basically you just tighten it down on the flywheel and just hand rotate the bolt, tap the bolt with a hammer as you are hand turning it and walaa, flywheel pops off

I can fully endorse the double-sided Bosch puller from mopedwarehouse as well. I think it was $25 or so, but it has been totally worth it.

yah that's the one, works well

yup, exact same design as mine...actually looks like it works on 2 different flywheels, although instead of a nice big handgrip, you need a wrench to tighten it on..or maybe not...either way, looks much more convient and space saving.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account