Suzuki FA50 Smoke

Recently, my FA50 began smoking excessively. Really bad at all speeds. It has never smoked like this before. I am willing to believe the oil injector pump may be shot and instead of replacing it, it might be easier to pre-mix. Is this the likely culprit? Would it be worth trying to adjust the mixture before disconnecting the pump? Thanks!

TED

Re: Suzuki FA50 Smoke

See if premixing clears it up, then you will know.

by buddies oil injector on his fa 50 was doing the same thing. He used a premix. but make sure there is no oil in the injector at all when using premix.

Many thanks for the responses... Questions...If premixing, do I disconnect the oil pump from the carb and block the input to the carb or disconnect the tank from the pump? Or do I just empty the oil tank and let the pump suck air? Also, what ratio gas/oil mix does the FA50 need? Thanks again!

The injector system on the FA50 is gear driven off the drive train the higher the RPM of the engine the more oil delivered and vice-versa. For the design it would be very hard for the injector to deliver more oil than intended. I had a similar problem on mine and regardless premix-injector it ran rich enough to constantly foul plus and run very poorly. problem turned out to be the choke wasnt seating well. might want to check that

Dale

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account