New bowl gasket, new float needle, carb still leak

This is for an 80 Murray/Puch

I put in a new bowl gasket, and a new float needle and the darn thing still leaks like crazy around the bowl seal. Is there a secret to installing the bowl seal that I missed? It shouldn't even get that high though, should it, if everything else was working correctly or is the bowl always filled to the very top? Thanks, I'd like to get this thing on the road again.

Re: New bowl gasket, new float needle, carb still

Jason Luther /

is the little brass hinge on the float bent or anything? it should be nice and flat. did you try to see if the float, well, floats?

Good question. I have my doubts about it as it is covered in some type of crud whcih I scraped off but I never thought that it wouldn't still float. I'll try that next.

Well, I took it aprt (again) and fiddled with the brass float plate and made sure it was perfectly level and put it all back together. TADA! It started and no leaks.

Leon Swarmer /

yea!

if when you were scraping it you got a small hole in it you willhave to aptch it with a small amount of epoxy don;t

use a loy or it won;t work right, You will know if it leaked because you can here the gas sloshing around inside

It's a styrofoam float so no worries there. Thanks though!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account