how to remove puch peddle arms

trying to remove an engine that I sold but the last two bolts are behind the peddle sprocket, I tried for 20 minutes but i'm at a loss as to how the peddles are removed. any ideas?

Re: how to remove puch peddle arms

i think you have to unscrew the nut on the left pedal and tap out the bolt. the arm can then come off and then they will slide out, assuming the chain is off.

if you sold your engine and don't need pedals anymore, i would consider buying the setup from you.

Ja'Far Rogers /

y'know I tried that method but that bolt refuses to come out, I'll try to lubricate it to loosen it up. yes I'll sell the pedal arms to you once they're out, make me and offer

I once had one that was so rusted I had to drill it out!

Ja'Far Rogers /

damn i hope thats not the case with mine cause then i cant sell it...

Do not panic! The pedal arms can be removed. All you need to do is break the bond holding the crank pin in. This can be done by hitting the rounded side with a hammer, driving it farther in a small amount. This breaks whatever bond has formed between the pin and the crank arm so that the next blow with the hammer on the threaded side of the pin drives the pin out. This process may need to be repeated several times before the pin comes out, but it will work.

Good advice!!

So few people (even mechanics) know that trick, it's surprising!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account