Tomos Targa Choke Stuck

Just got my first moped, got 300 miles on it, been running great. I washed it yesterday, it died on my ride home last night, now I can't get it fired up. I put the choke down, it revs up like its gonna go, but the choke never flips up and it just dies down. Anyone seen this before?

-Scott

Re: Tomos Targa Choke Stuck

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

tighten your throttle cable. you are not getting a far enough pull on it to pop your choke lever back. the cable probibly stretched out a little bit and that is why you dont have a whole lot of power. if you washed it you may have gotten some h2o in the carb as well which will make it suck butt as well.

Is there any way to get the water out of the carb?

Walter Kravitz /

Take it apart and use compressed air all over that mug.

to un-stuck the choke for now, pull on the cable out side of the carb, or push in the little holder for the choke lever with a small flathead.

yeo too much slack in the cable adjust the screw at throttle or other adjuster on carb end of cable. loosen the nut adjust tighten the nut...

Sweet, I got the choke unstuck and I can get it started but now it only runs while I'm giving it gas. The second I stop it dies.

Scratch that. Now I'm back to square one. The choke doesn't even work, and I can't get it to start.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account