Maxi horn and lights

Patrick Menefee /

I have a 78 Maxi and have a problem with the wiring. The original switches broke off from the previous owner, so I have the 2 wires for the kill switch on the left side, black and brown, and the 3 wires for the lights and the horn on the right side, blue/black, black/yellow, and yellow. So far I have found no way to get the headlight to run (black/yellow wire) without the horn (blue/black wire) being on. If the blue/black or the black/yellow is grounded, either one, the bike will run. Right now I have the black/yellow connected to the yellow, and the blue/black isn't connected to anything, and the headlight works fine but the horn is still going off. Rather annoying. If someone could tell me how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Maxi horn and lights

Jason Luther /

go to mopedrider.org and look at the puch repair manual. if memory serves, page 118 has what you are looking for.

Brian Mikami /

I used a simplified wiring setup from Rigid76, it bypasses the horn (I don't want it) and the lights are hardwired to be on all the time (why turn it off?).

I bump start and installed a simple 2 wire kill switch...don't need to turn it 'on'...LOL

Really simplifies the wiring and eliminates those switches, except for a kill switch.

http://www.lilypix.com/photos/data/5751ec3e9a4feab575962e78e006250d/2359_p46209.jpeg

http://www.lilypix.com/photos/data/5751ec3e9a4feab575962e78e006250d/2942_p46779.jpeg

I had the exact problem with my 77 maxi. I actually just ended up disconnecting the right hand brake switch. Just pull the two wires out. My headlamp works and so does my horn, but my applied brake light doesn't, it still shines though.

Patrick Menefee /

Well the horn doesn't work too well anyway, it makes a stupid annoying buzzing and i dont have a button for it so i just wired the 3 wires together and took the 2 sets of wires out of the horn and connected them together. Don't have a horn and the light works fine. Maybe I'll buy a little bike squeeze horn and stick it on the handle and give it a squeeze if someone cuts me off

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account