Vespa Si

We Have a 1980 Vespa Si. The Clutch assembly on the left side of the bike broke. The part is not easy to find. Does anyone know where we can get parts for this thing?

Re: Vespa Si

Todd Hurd /

Also it would be a huge help if anyone knows where i might find a tutorial about how to go about repairing a Vespa, as I have never worked on one.

Todd -

Take a look here: http://www.mopedriders.com/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=50

for a manual.

If you could give us reference numbers from the manual or a picture, it would be easier to assist you.

Todd Hurd /

Here in the attachment is a fairly good picture of the part that I am looking for. It is called the drive pulley, found on page 46 of the manual that you referenced.

Thanks for the quick response.

1128732900_piaggiosism046.jpg

Todd Hurd /

Does anyone know how to get new parts for these bikes? are parts still being made?

Bruce Wilkinson /

zippymoped@yahoo.com has Si parts. What part is broken ? The drive pulley has many many parts inside of it. You will need to describe the parts that you need in detail. bruce

Todd Hurd /

It is difficult to describe as I do not have names for parts. Actually I thought that I would get the whole assembly. What I need is a small round part found directly in the center of the clutch. It is the part that would drive the tire when the clutch is engaged. it is broken.

Bruce Wilkinson /

On oct 5 05 Lars posted " Just scanned in the Haynes manual for Ciao and Bravo". Look back a page for this.If you can open this,look on page number 34. What part is broken ?

Todd Hurd /

Thanks bruce for the great diagram. I found that the part that is broken is actually the Cutch drum. the center whole is not a seperate peice, but is part of the clutch drum. Now to find the part and replace it.

I sent an email to zippymoped@yahoo.com with the diagram. Hopefully he will have the parts i need.

Thanks for your help

1128784624_page_34.jpg

Bruce Wilkinson /

Todd, bookmark this Haynes manual. Most of this info will also be for the Si. bruce

Todd Hurd /

Thanks Bruce I will. that is a good manual. Because you said that I am going to go ahead and put on a cd.

I sure hope someone has the parts I need. I am certain that we can get them installed ok.

Todd Hurd /

Hey Bruce, Just to give you a big Thank YOu, and an update. Zippy Moped has My clutch drum and all for only $35.00. You provide an invaluable service to people who very likely have no place else to turn.

Thanks from the Hurd clan.

Bruce Wilkinson /

Thanks Todd, Zippy is a good guy no matter what gimmy jimmy says( inside joke ). I'm always happy to help out a fellow Vespa owner. There are a few knowledgeable Vespa owners on this site. I own an 84 Si. and a Ciao and Zippy has always helped me when ever I asked him. bruce

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account