takes soo long to warm up

Hi my 83 nc50 express takes so long to warm up. I start it and i have to hold the gas untill it starts to idle which could take from3 to 6 minuets. If i dont hold the gas it just shuts off. also i have an automatic chock could there be a problem with that?

Re: takes soo long to warm up

Leon Swarmer /

define "hold the gas". Yes could be a problem with the auto choke

Is it hard to start?

when i start it it takes like 3 or 4 kicks and it wont stay running unless i hold the throttle then giving it full trottle while holdintg the brake for like 2-5 minitas it will change in pich and will idel fine

Your isle circuit is set too lean.

If it has an idle mixture screw, richen the mixture up.

If it doesn't have a mixture screw I would suspect a plugged up idle jet.

how many turns should i screw it in or out?

Screw it out 1/2 turn at a time but first do this:

Screw it all the way in while counting the number of turns it takes. This way if you get lost in what you are doing you can always start over.

but should i do it when its running because when you first start it up it wont stay on so should i warm it up till it idels then do it? because then i would have to wait a long time for the engine to cool down to test to see if it worked.

Go ahead and do it anytime.

Run the unit for a couple of days and then adjust it again if it still needs it.

k thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account