What do you think of my rimjob?

hehe I said rimjob.

so yah this is just a layer of primer and rustoleum metalic blue. i think it looks almost as good as powdercoat. god my bike is gonna be the bluest bike in moped history.

heres the pic

stony forgot to attach the pic.

1128569855_p1010141.jpg

Re: heres the pic

Looks great, expect for the fact that you painted the bolt in the middle. That tire looks nice, I just have a crappy cheng sheng. I want nice looking ones like perelli ml-75's. Don't forget to get that metallic tire finish, you want the tire to be blue too.

Brian Mikami /

Looks good, nice color...yeah, take a wire brush to clean those threads. Did ya paint it with the tire on? Those Savas are great.

what are those rims of off?

yeah you should have taken apart the axle assembly and regreased the bearings and not painted everything

i dont really like savas, they have a very thin compound

I was lazy. what can i say. and yes i painted with the tires on. I deflated them and took a long rag and stuffed it in between the tires and the rim. it worked fine imo. I took the brakes out and stuffed it with a sock and taped it down. so the brakes are fine. didnt think of the bearings. I am sure they are fine too. I didnt actually try to paint the axle. I just left it on and it got hit a little. so it' not like i was spraying paint directly on the bearings or anything.

Now I have no idea where the rims are from and neither does the guy that sold them to me. They fit on a puch /shrug look pretty sweet though right? I am hurrying through this because i have to have it finished for a photo op on sunday. hehe.

too many paint fumes?

It looks like a cool night sky. I'd pinstripe a pearlescent white stripe down the centers of each spoke. Then gloss it.

What do you think?

I think that is a fantastic idea.

Just don't paint the rim anymore, or you'd lose the star effect.

Wow, one of the best rimjobs I've ever seen

Walter Kravitz /

Reminds me of a rimjob I had over summer. But this one looks like it was a better overall experience.

naw this one was hours and hours of endless scrubbing with sand paper. I hope your rimjob didnt involve any abrasive materials!

lol

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account