Puch 2-speed trans. fluid cap

Matthew Libhart /

Army,

Began working a '78 Puch 2-speed tonight, getting it cleaned up and such for my parents (of all people :). The small plastic ATF filler cap just crumbled as soon as I touched it and is now worthless. Anyone have any good ideas as to a replacement?

Thanks.

Re: Puch 2-speed trans. fluid cap

Stick a cork in it?

The same thing happenned to mine!

They did make a hard plastic replacement and I saw one on eBay once but they are very hard to come by...

I'm still looking and I'll let you know if I find one :P

lots of hardware stores have rubber stoppers of various sizes in the fastner section, maybe you could make something work from there

Matthew Libhart /

Thanks. Yeah, I thought of the rubber stopper idea too. Get one that's tapered, and use my dremel to take the taper off of it so it has straight sides with a lip around the top that won't let it push through and into the trans. I'll let you know how I make out.

When in doubt, you could also just premix it in the tank. I don't even have mine on the bike anymore - I just do what the step-thrus do. Also kind of nice to know I'm getting all the oil I need already. An added bonus is you get to actually use that little handy storage area where the old oil tank used to be! :D

oopsa, thought you were talking about the oil tank...I should've had more coffee this morning! Oh well, good luck in your search!

Hey Matt...

Chris at MWH has the hard plastic ones... he just sent me one!

It's not on the website.. best to email him!

Matthew Libhart /

Crap! Figures. Just placed an order and didn't come back to see this. Oh well, I made one from a rubber stopper I got at the local Ace hardware. Just used a dremel to make the sides straight and keep a small lip around the top. Works ok I think. Thanks everyone.

John Joedicke /

Needs a breather hole!!!!

no no no there is no breather hole in that stopper... there is a breather hole in the top of the case... I found it one day when I overfilled my tranny sploooosh lol :P

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account