77/78 Vespa Bravo (Motor Help)

I have a 77 or 78 vespa bravo (not sure which year...but i dont think it matters). It was working great and then the motor stopped working. I need to get it rebuilt or rebuild it myself..... I would also be interested in just buying a new motor.

If any one knows where I could get a motor or the parts to fix or any one that does it let me know.....thanks.

I live in southern California (San Diego)

Re: 77/78 Vespa Bravo (Motor Help)

Bruce Wilkinson /

Try zippymoped@yahoo.com He's a little north of you in California

77/78 Vespa Bravo (Motor Help)

Is the engine frozen?

There are a lot of things that can keep an engine from running that are a bit easier to fix than just tossing the whole engine.

If you have a bad ground and put a brand new engine in your Bravo it still won't run.

yeah the motor is frozen......all the other parts are in good condition and i think work well

Take it to Sonny Angel's Motorcycles in National City. They will work on anything.

sonny angles doesn't repair moped motors.....any one have any other ideas????

pull the plug and soak the cylinder with something like wd-40, or kerosene let it sit for a day or two, try to crank it , if it comes loose, double check your fuel mixture. if it doesn't pull the head, and tap on the piston with the handle of a wood hammeror something like that, work the cyldinder loose.when it comes off you'll see whats next. you may need a new piston and rings.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account