ausrian made puch engine diagrams

jarvis sester /

i just got this puch i dont know a whole lot about it.like how do you figure out the year,model,engine info,only thing i know is it is austrian made for the sears co. and it is two speed,so if any one can put me on the right path for obtaining this info it would be greatly appreciated or better yet how does a guy find a engine diagram,i pulled the motor apart to fiqure out why the motor turned over so chunky and the only thing i could find was the small end rod bushing seemed sloppy the rod bearing seemed fine but i dont have any tolerances to go by,any help would be appreciated

1127704541_im000176.jpg

Re: ausrian made puch engine diagrams

jarvis sester /

is there not anyone out there who can help, or will i get more fun out of this thing if i drag it out in the yard and bash it with a sledge hammer

jarvis sester /

are there no resources for this old puch, is it destined to be scrap?

jarvis sester /

i am not asking to be given anything other than a name of a parts dealer that i can get a few parts and a manual from i would really like to ride this ped

Be patient, Dude!!

We don't all live on the computer all day!

Your bike is way cool, and don't smash it up!

I have 2 myself, and I don't know why that when you do a search in this forum to try and find other owners of the Sears Allstate, NONE come up!

Any way Yeah, I know of some of the best places.

"http://motorwestmotorcycles.com/":url

Also, from the Netherlands there's 50cc,

and Rinky Toys. They've got it all, but they're overseas.

Ask Matt from Motor West, Inc. With the model# on that black and aluminum plate, tell him the 810. number. They know the years there.

My last 3 numbers are 010, and 000, the 010 is a '58, the 000 is a '54.

I love these bikes, they're worth a fortune restored. (well I've seen 'em go on eBay for 1000 to 3500 dollars! I bought both of mine for 100. The '58 is mostly there, but bad rings. The '54 ran for 4 years until just lately. It's rings went to. Not to worry, it's not a mechabnical flaw, Mine are just old.

Now getting a new piston with the rings has been a bit crappy! I ordered them from Motor West, but they're back ordered.

Hope this helps!

For the parts availability, and the absolute coolness of these bikes, it's worth keeping!!! Let me know how it comes along. I've had mine for awhile. They are my fave!

-Dave

ps I left an attachment.

1127779391_1954_sears_allstate_moped_oo.jpg

Hey!

Hurry up and say "thanks", man!

Where, ya at dude!

Your account is private.

jarvis sester /

hey dave really appreciated that info you helped me answer 2 of my biggest ?s its called a allstate huh, and mine ends with the #s 010 so based on your findings it is a 58 cool i really like old mechanical things,have you or any one else tried either of the out of country companies?any luck? again i do appreciate your help

jarvis sester /

iam in knoxville,tenn,dont usually have this much free time trying to take advantage of it sorry for the impatience just would like get my boots in the breeze

No doubt.

It seems those links are somehow connecting with the moped army forum, they work otherwise!

Dude, these are the best peds!

Keep in touch.

No I haven't messed with the overseas one yet. A day or 2 ago I sent out a feeler on the subject, and asked about 50cc on here. It's still on the General discussion, but probably on a previous page by now. It's under just: 50cc

I got VERY encouraging responses, but just a handfull. All good though.

I want some Whitewalls, and I also want them the tall original size. As far as I know, ya gotta go through Rinky Toys for the whitewalls, but I think both 50cc & Rinky Toys sell the taller tire. Motorwest sells a tire that is great, but is a bit shorter on the balloon effect I miss from the tad-bit taller tire. Motor West's are about half the cost when it comes down to it, though. Prob'ly at least half the wait too. I don't know though... that was also part of what I was asking, and I kept hearing like a week. Hard to believe, but I heard it a couple of times!

-Dave

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account