Why does motormarina engine quit?

I have been fixing up my motormarina sebring and it runs great except for one problem. The engine stops running after 10 minutes of riding. It runs great while at full throttle, but when I come to a stop at a stop sign, the engine stops and wont start back up. My carb is clean. The spark plug sparks. There is good compression. The gas is getting to the engine. Can anyone please tell me why the engine quits?

Re: Why does motormarina engine quit?

what oil/fuel mix you running

Andy Morris /

I am running a 20:1 ratio with my oil gas mix.

Andy Morris /

Correction. 40:1

Leon Swarmer /

GAs tank vent?

Condensor?

Next time it quits, open the gas cap and see if it will imeediately restart.

Andy Morris /

Thanks for the reply; I will be sure to try that. What makes you think that it is the gas cap though?

Andy Morris /

I tried the gas cap idea. No luck. I have a spare condensor though and I am going to swap the condensors. If anyone has any more ideas it would be great to here them.

Robert Susinski /

I had a similar problem...ran like a champ and died after 10-15 minutes...new condenser fixed it. Just a thought...if it stops after hitting the brakes check your rear lights, my sebring cuts out if bulbs are dead.

Leon Swarmer /

As you use gas out of the tank, the gas level goes down. If the tank isn't vented properly, it will create a vacuum and then no gas will flow from it. The carb starves and the ped dies. but this isn't your problem today.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account