help please i got bike pic here!!!!!!!

I got the rethreaded and the spark plugs in it now it still wont even try to cranki got gas and oil in it but it still wont work mayne ill never get my shit working?????????

I got the pic of the bike here

1127682973_bike1.jpg

Re: help please i got bike pic here!!!!!!!

Hey dude,chill out.Getting all excited isn't going to help matters.And please use something similar to English.From what I think you said,you had the spark plug threads repaired.I'm assuming they got stripped somehow.How did it happen?Did it run before this happened?How were the threads repaired?Was the head removed to repair the spark plug threads?If so,and it should have been,was it reinstalled correctly?Is the spark plug good?Do you have a spark?I need more information to figure out what the problem is.What do you mean "won't try to crank"?Do you mean the engine won't turn over(rotate),or that it won't fire?If you can answer these questions,in English,perhaps me or someone else here can help you figure out what the problem is.It's a nice looking ped,but a picture of it won't help solve the problem.Jerry.

My head got striped from when i tryied to take spark plug out with wrong tool.Now the thread are ok.Yes it ran befor this iight.i took the Head apart from the moped and took it up the street to a friend with a threader and he rethreaded it for me.Yes the head was removed to repair the spark plug.Imean it wont fire or start at all.

1127696215_bike1.jpg

Was there a head gasket before? Was it replaced? I'm assuming your using a slightly larger spark plug now that the hole is bigger.

If you take your plug out again (Please god, use a deep socket of the appropriate size, with a ratchet, they make a "spark plug socket" just for this purpose. (I wonder how the heck you managed to strip it by taking it OUT, but never mind that...)

Well if you take your plug out again, and hold the threads against the metal fins of the engine, and crank the motor, you should see a nice BRIGHT, BLUE spark. If your plug is now wet, oily, greasy, or anything besides a medium brown, its probably bad. Replace it.

Leon Swarmer /

And excuse me Justin Have you EVER answered anyone who asked you if you know the piston is moving??

You said you stripped the threads getting the plug out.I'm also assuming you didn't have the proper socket.Still,it is a lot more common to strip spark plug threads while putting the plug in than taking it out.Was it really hard to get out,or did it come out REALLY easy?Either way,the threads may have already been damaged.The best way to repair stripped spark plug threads is with a Heli-Coil insert.Then you can use the original size plug,and because the Heli-Coil is steel,there is less chance of stripping the threads again.Ok,anyway,an engine needs 3 things to run.The proper air/fuel mixture(the carburetor takes care of this),compression(the piston rings and cylinder do this),and a spark to ignite the air/fuel mixture at the right time(the ignition system,including the spark plug ,does this)To make the engine run,we need to find out which of these things are missing,and fix it.The spark is the easiest to check,so check that,and let us know whether you have a spark or not.Troubleshooting is a logical process of elimination in the proper order,and getting mad or upset doesn't help,so take it slow,one step at the time.There is an answer.Jerry.

no i didnt u a slighty bigger plug i use the same size just newer plug

50 plus how im suppose to know where it is if u tell me i can check that engine wheel aint even a spinnin is that usall

50 plus how im suppose to know where it is if u tell me i can check that engine wheel aint even a spinnin is that usall

Translation for the SMS Impaired:

"I have a 50cc engine, but I'm not sure what a piston is, nor how to

tell if it is moving or not. However, I have found that the wheel

that is connected to the engine won't spin, and I think that might

be a problem."

You appear to have a 1979 Motobecane 50V, and might want to read your bike's service manual from http://www.mopedriders.com.

Well, thats a start, You can't just rethread a sparkplug hole. It will NOT seal, and you lose compression. Read back in this thread about how to properly fix a stripped threaded spark plug hole.

Leon Swarmer /

Ah, thanks Jason. Justin, if you have hold of the flywheel (on teh end of the crankshaft and you cannot turn it one complete revolution it is not going to run.. Try taking the sparkplug out and tuning it by hand again. If it still won't turn a complete revolution , How much of a revolution will it turn?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account