TOMOS LX Maintenance??

Ok, I've got some maintenance questions as the manual is a little fague in certain areas. First of all the schedule says to check the gearbox oil at 1000 miles, yet I've heard of some people on here changing it at that mileage, good idea, or just being extra careful? Next, how do I check the ignition timing, and what am I supposed to adjust on the steering head bearing? Also, I'm supposed to lubricate the control lever joints?? Basically, my LX has just over 1000 miles now and I thought I'd get a general consensus of everyones personal maintenace schedule.

Also as far as the typical vibrations, what all specifically should be tightened on a regular basis?

Thanks for the help. I'm trying to make sure I keep this running well as its my primary transportation to and from class. So please, give a poor college kid some advice!

Ashley

Re: TOMOS LX Maintenance??

It wouldn't be a bad idea to change the gearbox oil. You shouldn't really have to worry about timing as long as the bike runs fine. It is a good idea to go over the bike every once in a while and make sure all nuts and bolts are tight. Do you have a local Tomos dealer?

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

irc://irc.freenode.net/mopedarmy

Nope, closest dealer is 45 minutes away, and i don't have a trailer down here. I'm hoping I'll be able to handle the maintenance myself with enough time and reading.

Heres an online scan of the Repair manual http://www.mopedriders.com/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=21

If you run into any problems along the way come to our IRC channel for live help.

Grey

Live to ride, Ride to work

<irc://irc.freenode.net/mopedarmy>

How far away is the dealer in miles?

About 55 miles, all highway.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account