18w bulb replaced by 21w bulb?

I have a '76 bianchi snark that needs a headlight. I found the right one on themopedjunkyard.com but I also saw this setup which fits my moped but uses a 21w bulb instead of an 18w one. I need to know ifmy electrical system will work w/this. The current bulb is 6v 18w. Here's the link: http://www.themopedjunkyard.com/lights.html

I want to know if I will be able to support the model CEV 2155, or if I should just go for the 18w headlight. I'm leaning towards the CEV 2155 b/c I can get the bulbs it uses at the napa store here, but I can't get the headlight I have now anywhere but the web.

Thanks,

JC

Re: 18w bulb replaced by 21w bulb?

I mean CEV 2157b instead of CEV 2155

if you have the power for it, it will be brighter. If not it will be dimmer.

Is there any rating on your flywheel or in a manual to let you know what you require?

It will work,but at low speeds you mostly likely will have less light from all lights.

Thanks guys.

I don't have a manual but I'll check the flywheel. I don't know if there's some sort of requirement in my state (massachusetts) for the brightness of a headlight, but I'll check. Also, I would like to get a bigger jet for my carb. Will any jet fit? I think its a d'ellorto one (whichever one comes stock w/ the bike) Also, how big a size can I get? I think the stock one is a 45.

Thanks,

JC

There is usually a MAX. output, but usually not much on Min. Some state how far away it has to been seen from, but this is entirely different from what it lights.

I checked the flywheel and I didn't see anything. Is there some website where I can get the normal headlight to replace mine instead of a conversion to a smaller bulb?

Jake

You could get a bike light and wire in leads from the old light to replace the batteries. You could also find one of the older sealed beam light setups and mount and wire it on.

Where would I get one of these sealed beam light setups? I think I'll take a trip down to the local auto parts store and see if I can find a replacement motorcycle light that will at least fit. Thanks for your reply and advice. Do you think that a size 48 jet will make a noticable difference in performance? I'm currently using a 45.

Jake

The older Vespas and Honda Express, and others of those years are possible.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account