Moby electrical system

So....it seems like there is something wrong with my electrical system on my bike...it runs fine but I notice a DISTINT power draw when I even turn the front headlight on(the light is burnt out but I mean if i flip the switch). Should i replace the wiring? It is all still the original wiring as when it was bought new in the late 70's..

Re: Moby electrical system

If the filament is broke on the bulb, the flicking the switch should not do anything.

Replace the bulb before trying to fix a problem that may not exist

http://www.bulbs.com/products/product.asp?page=products&class=855

which product on that page is it dan?

bump dan...any answer?

take out your bulb, and read what it says on the back

There was a link here recently to a hand drawn electrical diagram done by Myron's Moped in CA I think. I have a print out of it not that that is the point. Anyway, Myron (not the guy's name, it is something else) had a note that said something to the effect that the way the electrical system is layed out in the magneto (3 coils), there are certain cicumstances where the spark will die such as when the headlamp/taillamps are blown. I had this myself a few weeks ago - the lamps weren't blown but I had crummy connections. When I pulled the brake lever in, the moby stalled...very odd. So, now that the electrical is working (fingers crossed), it seems to be better. Took it for a 10 mile loop around our lake today and it ran ok...still a little sluggish up some steep hills but good on flats & screams down hill. Keep working on it NuBrew and you'll get it to run better. Jim.

i will get the electrical working this winter....while i have it stored for the winter....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account