Re: Gas in the oil

Xxxxx Xxxxx /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I defended the injection system on my Tomos for quite a while,because it was convenient,and SEEMED to be working,but after hearing how unreliable they were over and over again,I finally decided to take a closer look at it.I was absolutely horrified at what I found.Connections that just fell apart in my hands,severely kinked and crushed oil lines,and air in the lines.I immediately removed the system,and considered myself lucky that I did not destroy my engine.Maybe not all oil injection systems are like this,but it seems like if you are having serious problems with one,and are not sure you can repair it properly,it's best to just not use it.To me,the slight inconvenience of premixing sure beats having to constantly worry about whether your injection system is working or not.Cars have either an oil pressure gauge,or at least an idiot light to warn you if you loose oil pressure,mopeds don't.Oil pumps on 4-stroke engines also seem to be a lot more reliable than oil injection systems on 2-strokes.In my case,the pump seemed fine,it was the lines and connections that were the problem,although I have heard of several oil pump failures on Tomos mopeds.Jerry.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account