OH NO!!!!!!! ineed help BADLY~~!!!

Morgan Walsh /

ya ok i was trying to take off my flywheel on a puch 77’ maxi s and now i found out i need a flywheel puller to take it off and im gonna buy one at like kragen or some shit but i was wondering how do i get it off and back on and the moped sounds like it wants to start but its not getting gas or something but this mechanic who had my moped for 6 MONTHS!!! told me a new flywheel would do the trick after i got my moped back from him and it still didnt run so does anyone think a flywheel will fix it???????? thank you

Re: OH NO!!!!!!! ineed help BADLY~~!!!

Leon Swarmer /

Have you checked it for spark with the plug out and against the fins for a ground? If you get a good spark, a new flywheel isn't the answer.

A new flywheel is the absolute last thing to try.

Give us some more info

Was it running OK and then quit running?

Has it been sitting for 10 years?

All info is needed.

Morgan Walsh /

i got it a mabey a year ago and it was running pretty deceent then one day it decided not to stert it sounds like its gonna start ya no right before the moped gets gas so its like turning over but barley i sent it to a mechanic WHO SUCKED ASSHOLE i called him every day for 8 MONTHS!!! i called him every damn day and he kept saying i would get it in a week so finally he said he couldnt fix it then i picked it up and the mechanic said i needed a flywheel so i bought that and a fly wheel puller put it on today and found out the flywheel i put on is BROKEN so the guy who sold it lied to me wich is really really cool and i realy want to find a mechanic in california, the bay area there you guys go!

I would try West Coast Mopeds in San Jose.

What dealer had it for 8 months?

Huh?

steve Meyers /

Waht aer yuo teliling su?

Sorry about the three postings. I didn't do it. When I went to send the original posting I got the answer that the website was not responding so I hit the refresh button a couple of times. I guess that is why it resent.

Morgan Walsh /

ya ok could you give me a number or adress or somethingfor that place and the guy who had it was a mechanic zippy mopeds told mne to go to he sucked thanks

ya if yuo don lik zippy yuo r not gonna like like ne1

Morgan Walsh /

i fucking like zippy i dont like the shitty ass mechanic he recomended me his name was action pete so dont get all offensive for no reason im really pissed "action pete" had it for 8 months and he didnt fix shit ok?

First of all, what is wrong with your moped? I can't understand what you are saying, so take some time and use some punctuation, alright? I'm being serious. There are plenty of guys on this site that help all kinds of people. I'll tell you whatever I can, as long as I can understand ya, lol.

Morgan Walsh /

i own a puch maxi s; year 1977; it used to run, when i first bought it about an year ago. It ran good for about 2 months or so then it just died. No i didnt missuse it and jump it or anything it just died. So now i got it back from a mechanic that had no idea what he was doing. I was told, by the mechanic, to buy a flywheel and replace the old one so i did and the flyheel i bought was broken. So now the old flwheel is on again and it sounds like its turning over but just quite not starting mabey not getting gas or somethin. i would really appreciate any help, or information on a mechanic that lives in the bay area of california

...............thank you..................

p.s. was that any better i mean can you understand me?

OK. Yes I understood you, fairly well. I would try to see if your moped still has spark. You can do this by removing the plug, and placing it against the head. Then turn over the motor like you would normally stsrt it. You should see a nice bluish colored spark. (Don't hold onto the plug when you do this unless you want zapped really good.)

steve Meyers /

I liked the ebonics version better... it made more sense..

I keep telling you to take it to Ben at West Coast Mopeds in San Jose.

if you are near san francisco give me a call. 415 509 1454 i would be happy to take a look at it. ben from west coast is in germany till next week if you want to wait some more though.

I am not a moped guru by any means. but i wouldnt be suprised if you have a simple electrical or carb problem (which i can handle)

His profile says that he is in Aptos.

Leon Swarmer /

Hmm I think I made this his first suggestion. He seemed to ignore it and just rant.

where the fuck is aptos? lol.

His profile says tha he is 15 and that he lives in Aptos, CA which is in the foothills west of San Jose, CA

ahhhhh. it all makes sense now.

Morgan Walsh /

no no no aptos is in santa cruz for all u skaters out there that have ever heard of santa cruz skateboards thats where i live i dont live in san jose i live by the beach boy and SILVERFOX what is the number or adress to this moped shop I tried 411 but their was no listing so any help would be appreciated thanks

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Most mopeds arent too hard to fix. Try checking the spark. If it is weak or nonexistent, its probably dirty points or a loose wire. My latest moped was a cimatti twin sport. The guy said it just died on him one day. There was a very very weak spark. Anyway, cleaning the points didnt help and it turned out just the spark plug cap connection was bad. After I re-did the connection, it ran great. Anyway.... check your spark!!

And try Fred's guide in the articles section.

Hi Morgan

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the mechanic I referred you to.

West Coast Mopeds in in San Jose and my experience with them has been very good. Their number is 408-903-9607, ask for Ben. I think he is on vacation in Germany just now and will be back in about a week.

Morgan Walsh /

thank you zippy ya the guy was action pete he was a real joke but its ok and i will check my spark but what do i do just put the spark plug on the thing next to it and try and start it and there should be some blue spark

Best to start with a new spark plug if you can (NGK B5HS) if you can find one locally.

If you have a new spark plug just pull the spark plug cap off and stick the new plug in the cap. But first twist the spark plug cap to make sure it is screwed onto the spark plug wire.

You can also unscrew the cap all the way off the wire and clip the end of the wire so you have a nice clean uncorroded wire end and then screw the spark plug cap back on the wire.

Look up in the spark plug cap and see if it looks dirty or corroded on the contact up in the cap. You can either clean the inside of spark plug cap with Electical Contact Spray Cleaner or replace the cap (Local lawn mower shops or auto parts store should have them)

Once you feel you have a good clean spark plug cap, stick the new spark plug in the cap and with the moped on it's center stand, use a pair of insulated pliers to hold the tip of the spark plug and cap about a 16th of inch away from the bare metal cylinder head fin. Best if you can have another person pedal the moped. It only take a quick pedal and you should see spark.

Bluish/White is a good strong spark and red/yellow is a weaker spark.

Some other things to check is make sure both the wires leading into the back of the horn are connected to the horn or the bike won't start. Also make sure the wires to the back of your Hi Tension coil are connected. And of course make sure the switch on the right handle bar is in the RUN or ON position

If you can't get spark then best to conatct Ben at West Coast mopeds 408-903-9607. I think he will be back next week

Morgan Walsh /

ok thanks

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account