tail light assembly repair

hey gang.. i need a new tail light assembly for my cimatti city bike. my question is: can i buy any 12v cev tail light assembly like tomos or any other "brank" or must it be cimatti only. i'm having a hell of a time finding a replacement. any advice is appreciated. thanks.

motor on,

laura

seattle

Re: tail light assembly repair

If you have the wiring at the tail light, you can use any brake light setup as long as you do not mind figuring out how to mount the new fixture. I personally had my taillight stolen off the back of my bike. I replaced it with a 6 LED tail light. It works great and it only uses 3W in stop and 0.3W running lights and is shock resistant. You also might have to splice the wires together. GO SLOW and pay attention to what you are doing if you are going to do this. Remember you only have a limited amount of wire to splice with and sharp turns in the wire WILL break the wire in later on.

thanks craig. i think i have a line on a tomos tail light that is almost an exact replica of my old one. thanks for your information!!

Your well come. Hve fun and drive carefully.

Where'd you get that sweet LED taillight, Craig?

I got it from Wal-Mart at an overly inflated price. If you are in a big city (over 25000) up here big town is (4000);-) Try a car parts place or a BIG Rig Parts Place. You are going to have to make a bracket since Wal-Mart does not carry them or the other places should have a bracket that it will fit in and mount that to the bike. You will have to do some wire splicing. As I stated before go SLOW and PAY ATTENTION, it should take you about 20 minutes for the wiring and about 1-3 hours for the bracket making/mounting depending on what you have and where it is going. Have fun. One of these days I will change over my turn signal lights also. (.5W per signal vs presently 10W per signal). Power;-)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account