2 Q's about my new Tomos LX

Ok, first off my front wheel is not aligned correctly. It tilts to the right a little bit if you're looking at it head-on. Also, it's not pointing straight. My handlebars are aiming a little to the left when I'm driving straight. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

My other question is what kind of noise is it supposed to make when going top speed? I have a a little over 100 miles on it and I made my first couple brief top speed runs and there's a fast vibrating noise when I get to top speed that's not there at lower speeds. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Re: 2 Q's about my new Tomos LX

John Joedicke /

Looks like it has been dropped by the misalignments. Noise also maybe the plastic panels vibrating. Common problem.

Congrats and welcome to the Moped community man!

Onec you get hooked there's no turning back :P

flammenwurfer /

Well it hasn't been dropped because it has been in my sight the whole time it has been ridden by me and a couple friends. I'll try to get some pictures of it.

flammenwurfer /

Here is a pic of the front. As you can see the wheel tilts to the right. Also the handlebars were straight when I took this picture and this is where the wheel points.

1126759040_alignment.jpg

Matt Margavage /

Check to make sure the front fender is tight. I seen Lx's I had to put washers on the fender mounts because the bolts were too long or the holes not tapped correctly, caused a nasty vibration.

John Joedicke /

Thats one of your first problems , letting "friends" use it. Take her apart and do what was mentioned about the spacers. Maybe, just maybe that is it. But with that wheel and your bars looking somewhere else I still say it has been dropped. Friends, eh!

flammenwurfer /

If it had been dropped there would be other scuffs or scrathes somewhere, but there's nothing. I might just take it back to the dealer and have them fix it since it's under warranty.

Flammenwurfer, I have the same problem with the front wheel on my Tomos'. I'm not sure what causes it, but I just get a friend to help, and I pry on the tire to the left while he/she tightens it up. It still usually works its way back, but slowly.

Walter Kravitz /

You know, it looks like you took a picture of my moped... Exact same problem, but mine was hit by a car... and I think you would know if you were hit by a car... I just decided to say f-it. My forks are borked too, they twist... honestly I should not be riding mine haha.

id go with the warrenty

To me in the picture it looks like the Right fork leg is extended a little longer than the Left Leg. If that is so, is the front fork suspension spring based. If so are the blades that ride in the spring to compress the springs in the same place on each spring or is one slipped farther into the spring? If this is so it could be applying more presser on one side of wheel axle thus twisting the wheel. This could have been caused by hitting a large bump.

to straighten the front end loosen the top bolts on the forks and twist like a bicycle. to get the wheel to sit straight take off the wheel unbolt the fender. the bottom thick part of the forks will un screw right tight left loose.unscrew and the fork gets longer tighten and it gets shorter. unscrew on one by one turn.. or tighten the other one turn till they both look the same length. apparently one is longer than the other causing the tilt

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account