clutch on 80cc

I have just put a 80cc motor on my schwinn mountain bike. It is a screamin' motor, but I can't get the clutch to disengage the engine. I have taken most of the drive portion of the engine off and cannot figure out what pushes the clutch pad away from the drive gear. I think a part is missing. Any Help?

Re: clutch on 80cc

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

If your idle speed is too high the clutch will not disengage when the engine is running. Jim.

Sean Prophet /

Thanks for the reply Jim. When the clutch lever is fully depressed the lever on the engine has nothing to push. It is like there should be a rod that is pushed to seperate the clutch pad but that piece is not there. I need an exploded view of the thing somehow. Thanks. Sean

Hey Sean, I assumed (wrong) that you have a centrifugal clutch. There are many different ways to disengage a manual clutch, what brand engine do you have?Can you post a picture? Jim.

Sean Prophet /

I bought the motor form www.kingsmotorbikes.com. I am at work so I do not have a pic, but I will take one when I get home. If you look on the photos of the members and then under "customs" three down from the top is "Custom mountain bike w/ motor" My bike looks just like that one. The lever is on the left side and is supposed to disengage something by the little drive sprocket. Thanks. Sean

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/search.php?f=1&search=kings&match=1&date=0&fldsubject=1This is a link to the search results on the general discussion forum. Jim

Sean Prophet /

Jim, it looks like I am in trouble. I will try calling the seller and figure out what I can do about this problem. The motor runs great, so I would hate to take it off and start over again. Thanks for all your help Jim. Sean

Sean Prophet /

Problem Solved!!!! Spit-fire.com has a parts list for these little motors and exploded views of the whole works. I needed a .45 metal rod and now it works great. They have explanations on how to adjust the clutch also, which was invaluable. Thanks for all your help Jim. Sean

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account