Tomos Targa LX Speed Kit?

My Targa LX 1999 is very slow, it accelerates at a low rate, sometimes doesnt switch into second gear, and has a low top speed. I was wondering if an Airsal or Raptor speed kit will be an option to fix this, my friend says it will. Help please?!

Re: Tomos Targa LX Speed Kit?

it should be like that in the first place that means soemthing else is wrong with it.

What do you mean it SHOULD be like that, and what else could be wrong with it?

opps meant shouldn't be. John you gotta fix whats wrong before you add stuff or you won't get your money's worth. How slow are we talking and how many miles doe sit have?

It sounds as if you have a clogged exhaust. The cheapest fix would be to clean out the exhaust. Refer to Fred's Guide in the resource section to see how to clean out the exhaust.

Or, you could replace the exhaust with an after market performance exhaust, and re-jet the carburator. This will increase the performance beyond what can be achieved with a properly working stock muffler.

The Airsail kit will be relatively useless unless you fix the exhaust. However, since the Raptor kit includes a new exhaust it would fix the problem as well as seriously boosting the performance of the bike.

Like 1700 miles, approximately, and I have an old crappy biturbo, that looks fowled out...I mean really badly....I may get the raptor kit anyways, and if that doesnt fix the problems, then I'll look into what else it could be....how do I re-jet the carb? thanks

How much does the raptor kit cost/what site is a good one to buy from?

Pay attention -

You asked a question and ggg gave you some very good advice.

Please listen to what he said.

Do not get any kit until you fix what is wrong with the bike now.

If I were to take the exhaust off completely and run the bike with no exhaust(to see if it is the problem)....would it cause any other problems?

Yes, you will fry your rings.

ahhh, i love the smell of frying rings in the mornin! LOL jk!

ok heres another possible problem. you may need to change your gear oil. There may be to much or too litle in there. Search other posts on how to do it. Try putting stock pipe on and see if that fixes the problem also. If it does then have soemone clean the carbon out of the pipe and any dirt in it. Also change your spark plug.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account