Re: Motobecane will not run w/out choke

Michael Dane /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ok, I got the seals from Handybikes and spent the better part of the day tearing the motor down and replacing the one by the variator. I did inspect the other one and it was OK. I didn't want to risk damaging the bearing so I left the mag side seal alone. I can say that this was not an easy job by any means. I was surprised at how deteriated the old seal was. I had several of the special tools to do this job and it was still a bear. The bearing was stuck pretty hard in the case and i was afraid I would damage it getting it out. I was able to use a blind hold bearing puller and heat the case just enough to get the bearing out. By cooling the bearing and heating the case installation was a breeze. I didn't get a chance to do a road test because it was raining but the motor started and runs fine. I feel confident that the bad seal was the problem. DT

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account