Problem with Tomos

I have a 2001 Tomos TTLx. It bogs at any given time with ANY gas. But with the choke on, it will idle and not stall but not move fast. I can ride if I hold the choke lever down most of he way. I first figured too much air, so I took off the K&N and put the stock filter on. Nothing. I then I thought it was my drilled out carb getting too much air, put on another carb, nothing. I put on new fuel line, nothing. The petcock works fine it has good flow. New plug, has spark. If I have it on choke for awhile and I take it off I will start to accelerate like normal, but not a second later I bog again. If I don't let go of the throttle when it starts to bog it will stall. It was running great and then it started going down hill all the sudden. I can get it to run with carb cleaner but once I stop it will bog. (which I also sprayed to try and find an air leak, I found none).

Re: Problem with Tomos

Sounds like you need to upjet. What does your spark plug look like?

Rick,

Also, do you have an oil injection system? If so add a few ounces of 2 cycle oil to your gas or remove the injector/pump all together and premix at 40:1.

Rob

Jeff Strahle /

thoroughly clean your carb and poke a thin wire through all the little holes.

I have a 60 jet in now. I have changed the carb already, with no difference.

I do not use oil injection. I pre mix at 40:1.

he figured out the problem was a partially clogged jet.

SEAN YOUR NOT GOING 47 MPH!!!!!! lol, derek is just going 50 with a kit, you might be going 43-44, i assure you , you are not going that fast!!!!!!

shh i brag. im one of the nj kids who claims he can do almost 50 when really doing 45.

How's the compression???? If your compression sucks you may have a blown gasket or an air-leak somewhere.

DannyMoped07

I found the problem, and it was a stupid one. the was the only part that I didn't look at.

BTW, Derek does not do 50. He does 44-45. Sean you do like 38-39

Well what WAS the problem lol????

Jonathan(GPer526) /

I wonder how fast my kit is? I have a couple MPH's on Derek. Hopefully your new cylinder will do close. Did you get my email Rick?

Jonathan

yeah, I got it. I sent you one back.

Sorry, it was a cloged main jet,

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account