puch magnum front brake cable length?

Does anyone know weather the magnum and maxi use the same front brake cable? I put magnum forks on my maxi and can't get the maxi cable to connect with the wheel it's about 3/8" short with the brake at the wheel compressed my maxi cable is about 39 3/4" end to end could someone measure their magnum mkII cable for me?Any help would be apreciated. Aso if they do use different cables where could i buy magnum ones the usual places don't show cables for the magnum!Thanks.Jim

Re: puch magnum front brake cable length?

See Ya Moped Army /

Do yourself a favor and go get a set of bicycle tune-up cables for less than $5.00 in the bike section of walmart. The kit includes two brake cables. Just trim the cable to fit.

They do not use the same length

After buying a few of the wrong sizes I called BJ at handybikes.com and he knew exactly which one to send me... like 12 bucks or so :P

Thanks for the quick replies Mopedlar and fratbone I just don't like the idea of bike parts on a 3 times as much weight bike that's kitted to go over 40 on a good day. Bike cables seem thiner and have no swaged end which would require screw on end that i would be afraid would slip/break at that most inopertune time.Thanks for the suggestion though.fratbone I saw some longer ones at handybikes ebay store front 43" and rear about a 1/2"longer so I bought those Thanks for the info.Jim

See Ya Moped Army /

Don-P and I use those cables all the time. I have never had one break on me. I have never seen one of those screw on ends come loose. Those ends are stock on all Motobecane mopeds. I have hndreds of NOS moped cables, but I still prefer to use the walmart ones.

It's kind of tricky measuring the cables and the coverings..

I screwed up a couple of times buying those same cables... that's why I finally called BJ... he sent me one of those thingys that you can use if you have to cut the cable at the brake drum (the end you run into problems with if your measurements are off or your pads are worn) BJ sent me the perfect cable after I chatted with him on the phone... it made it alot easier lol :P

He also has little randon parts like the Correct hard to find pegs that hold the pedal arms on the spindle and stuff like that.. he is a great knowledgeable resource!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account