batavus pulley wobble

Hello all,

So my moped broke down today for the ten-millionth time, and the reason is because the drive belt would not stay on the track. It fell off, so I got off and put the belt back on, a block or two later it popped off again. The pulley is bent (see attachment), but it has always been bent, and I've never had any problems before. I don't want to order another pulley until I know I have to. I tried to straighten out the pulley, but I couldn't quite get it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks a lot.

Re: batavus pulley wobble

Looks like Jobs is up to his old tricks. Bait and switch, seriously. Just kidding, I love my Apple.

1126166715_pulleybatwobble.jpg

Are you sure that the pulley wheel itself is bent, and this is not a failure with bearings #55 & #56, or that the shaft #57 is not bent?

Pulley wobble on my bike (a Columbia) was due to a bent shaft.

The shaft on batavus is a huge weak point- it's almost impossible to get a straight one.

Mbartell,

Probably nothing a little heat and presswork can't correct.. eh? Fixed mine that way, good as new.

Thanks for the tip, good to know.

I don't know, it's hard to explain. The crank axle, #57, itself is perfectly straight, but the shaft that it goes through in the frame is warped. I fixed that by putting slivers of beer can in the oval part to make it more circular again, but I'm certain that the pulley itself is bent. But, like I said, it's always been bent, so the pulley plate being bent isn't the problem. I put some spacers (washers) between the pulley/sprocket and the frame of the bike, which straightened out the belt, but then the crank arm wouldn't sit on the crank axle. I don't know how to explain this, I suppose I'm just going to have to figure it out myself. Thanks though, guys.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account