external/tester gas tank?

what is the best way to go about this? i have been using water bottles, ink pen parts and fuel line? anyone have any better suggestions?

Re: external/tester gas tank?

What is it exactly you are trying to build?Jerry.

i broke my petcock on my puch and my tank is rusty anyway. i want to build a temporary external gas tank for my ped. i have seen them made out of a 1 gallon tank before

get an empty 1 quart solvent can (thinner, MEK or whatever) with the screw-on cap .. poke a tiny hole in the cap for a vent.

Poke a small hole at side near the bottom and open it up enough screw in a 1/8 inch pipe "hose barb" .. the barbed nipple comes in different sizes for different hose sizes so pick one that fits your fuel line inner diameter.. Lay a couple thick layers of 5 Minute epoxy around the edge of the hole to seal it..

Attach the can to the bike (tape or wire or something) where convenient.. as long as you're careful it'll last longer than you'll need it..

awsome. thank you sir.

only epoxy .. not silicone, et al .. epoxy is gasoline-proof.

John Joedicke /

Get an old lawnmower plastic tank.

Thanks for the tip. A quart/1L container should last 100km/60 miles.

HS IV, make sure you put in an on/off valve on your gas tank so your float bowl doesn't overflow and spill gas. A lawnmower on/off valve does a good job. Petcocks are so overrated...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account