Starting TOMOS from hiberantion

Har /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Just bought a 1996 TOMOS Sprint ($250) with 285 miles on the clock. Lady bought it new, rode it very little, put it away (without proper storage precautions it appears) and now I need to make it start. Put in fresh fuel and oil in the hopes it might fire off. Of course it did not. A quick check for ignition spark was positive (lots of fire). So I'm sure fuel/oil gunk from all those years of storage need to be removed before I will get her up and running.

Also when I turned on the petcock I got a fairly good leak of gas on the ground. Seals/gaskets (?) or petcock probably need replacing. Where can I buy TOMOS parts that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

So I am throwing my situation out to ask if anyone can tell me what I need to do to get her running. I'm a total newbie here (first post) and would appreciate any advice. Thanks!!

Harold Williams

Spartanburg, SC USA

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account