Tomos Throttle Problem

Hey guys my new 2005 tomos is going great so far I just got one problem. Today I was at the Hess station getting a drink and leaving i almost ran down 2 kids cause my throttle got pulled. Now it looks like a spring came out. I try and put it back in but when you pull the throttle outwards, it comes right out and the throttle is activated. Here is some pictures to get the idea...

The first picture here is shown with the spring out.

Second picture here shows what happens .. It comes out instead of pulling the throttle...

Any help or suggestions? Have this problem before? Thanks.

Re: Tomos Throttle Problem

ok i had the same problem and donp helped me. First you probably missing a set screw (its pretty small) and you gotta pinch that spring to fit back in

Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only guy that had that dilema!!!

ggg's right, you need to re-set the spring by pushing the throttle back into the housing and using a small screw-driver, push the flat end of the spring under the retaining groove by the throttle slide. THEN you need to put that little retaining screw back up into the bottom of the throttle housing..

The first time this happened to me I was trying to do wheelies and next thing i knew "SNAP" my throttle stuck on! Good thing I'm not very good at wheelies cuz i would've been on my back with a busted ped.

The funny thing was my ped was brand-new... I had it for about a week when this happened. Maybe this is a little unknown problem with new Tomos peds...

Go nuts.

DannyMoped07

mines an 89' a3-N. Good explaination danny.

Next time.... run over those damn kids :P

Is that screw something that the dealer has to put in? or is it supposed to be there from the factory?

its supposed to be there from the factory but they sometimes fall out. Thats why your throttle keeps poping out

Your dealer should have them in stock, it's not an uncomon size screw.

DannyMoped07

Matt Erdman /

Yeah i got one off a friend. Thanks for the help tho ggg & danny.

might be wise to use a drop of LocTite on that set screw..

is it still under warranty?

Matt Erdman /

yeah i did use loctite, i used blue type

yeah, dont use the red loctite, you'll never get it out if you have a problem with the throttle or something.

DannyMoped07

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account